Accessories like windshield, light or muffler are essential and they improve your riding experience. Adding melody to that equation, though not necessarily like those accessories, can also boost your experience a bit more. Putting the right speaker to your motorcycle fairing is the easiest way to get it done. Here we have a shortlist of the best motorcycle fairing speakers for your bike, no matter if it’s a Harley, Honda, Kawasaki, or other one.
Best Speaker (Overall) – Rockford Fosgate TMS65
Best Fairing Stereo System (Full) – Hoppe HDF-RK or Moto Onfire Billet
Best Speaker (Budget ) – Hogtunes 352F-AA or TCMT 6.5″
Best Fairing + Speaker Pod – XFMT ABS or XFMT Low Vent
Best Lower Vent Fairing + Speaker – XFMT 6.5″
Best Lower Vent Fairing + Speaker Pod – TCMT
Best Fairing + Speaker + Pod (Harley Touring) – Moto Onfire or US Stock
Best Fairing + Speaker Pod (Harley Touring Glide) – XFMT ABS or XFMT
Best Fairing Speaker for Harley – Rockford TMS65
Best Batwing Fairing Speakers – Hogtunes Metrix or Hogtunes MSA-1
Best Coaxial Fairing Speaker – Polk Audio DB522
What is a Motorcycle Fairing?
Motorbike fairing, as explained, is usually used when describing protective paneling wrapped around the bike frame. Such fairings are common in sports and racing bikes since the fairings help in boosting the motorbike aerodynamics. Bike fairing works by reducing the air drag, which improves fuel consumption. Low fuel consumption later leads to a higher speed at low engine rpm. Motorcycle speaker pods are installed on the motorcycle fairing for better performance.
Since the fairing makes the bike less prone to wind gusts, it helps in reducing turbulence and helmet buffering. As a result, you can easily listen to music even when riding at high speed. What can be more fun than riding for hours with soothing music on your ears?
Types of Motorcycle Fairing
Today, it’s possible to get a complete fairing, including speakers and the heating unit. While such fairings are quite pricey, they look good and emit super sounds. Fairings are usually made of fiberglass. All equipment on the unit comes pre-wired for easier installation.
Most bikers search for a simpler and practical choice when upgrading their bike’s sound system. Instead of replacing the entire fairing or head unit, they only replace the speakers. Most aftermarket speakers are compatible with factory speakers with more clarity and louder sound. Most Speakers also come with fiberglass material.
Some manufacturers offer an extensive sound system in a single package. The package includes an amplifier, wiring harness, speakers, and other crucial hardware. While it’s pricier getting the speakers alone, an amplifier does wonders when it comes to volume and sound quality. Buying speaker kits means you will save more on the models.
Why Use a Speaker on the Fairing?
- Music quality- a quality fairing speaker yields quality music, making a ride enjoyable. When on a fairing, wind and road bumps never affect the sound quality.
- Weather resilient- Most quality fairing speaker units are weather resilient. They come with an ultra-violet coating that shields them from harmful rays and are usually water resilient.
- Flexibility- Motorcycle fairing speakers offer enough flexibility in terms of the source of music. You may choose to listen to music through USB, Bluetooth, or a CD. Most of them have AM and FM stations.
- Increase of the resale value- When you install a fairing system on your bike, the feature adds to your bike value. It’s an excellent way to boost profits if you wish to sell it.
- Style- If looking forward to boosting your bike’s look, fairing speakers is the best way to do so. They boost the bike’s look and make them look classy. Just install one to get people attracted to your ride in minutes.
Top Brands for Motorbike Fairing & Speakers
Being a part of the Rockford foundation, this model has been there since 1973. The company is renowned for producing audio motorcycle products and marine and automotive products. You can trust in the quality of their product.
The company has been selling motorcycle audio products for years. Most customers love their products since they are famous for making some of the best speakers and amplifiers in the market. Choose a product from this brand, and you will never regret it.
Buying Considerations – Fairing Speakers for Moto
No one wishes to spend cash on a fairing speaker, only to realize it’s not compatible with your motorbike. Some models are compatible with others, while others need a special model to fit well. The information is available on the product, so you should not worry about that. You only need to make sure the one you choose is compatible with your bike.
The power available in the speaker determines its effectiveness. Technically, this power is measured by watts related to the audio volume or quality. More wattage means better quality and more volume.
Any other factor finally falls on the cost. How much will you spare after buying a certain model? Some models are affordable, while others are pricey. Your budget should determine the model you will buy. As you check for pricing, consider the maintenance fee of the speaker as well as the repair cost.
Does All Fairing Contain Speaker Pod?
All fairings do not come with a speaker pod. Speaker wires may come with speakers but will not include pods. The good thing is you can get the pods in any audio shop and get one. The products are also available on Amazon and other reliable ecom sites.
If you choose to go for customized fairings, some may include speaker pods. However, it’s good to make sure the ones you buy have better quality. Sometimes, separately buying them is cheaper than buying the ones included in the fairing.
How to Install a Motorcycle Fairing?
- Mounting the rear part Fairing- The mounting should go behind the bike seat. You only need to drill holes in places you want to mount on the fairing.
- Fixing the Front Guard- This needs to go right on the front wheel. Make sure you cover the top part of the tire.
- Put the tank’s cover- You will only find the mount points in the corners, so you need to be keen.
- Doing the front fairings- You may drill holes at this stage, but no screwing at this step. Instead, you can use clips to lock the fairing in place.
- The lower fairing- Take the lower fairing and drill holes. Since the piece needs to stay at the front, making markings here is crucial.
- Installation- Finally, reinstate everything and screw those up. It should not be hard. You only need to make sure every part goes to the ideal hole and is firmly screwed.
How to Put Speakers on a Pod or Fairing?
Installing the speaker on a fairing or pod does not need many technicalities. The instructions on the user manual should be helpful. The user manual will help you find the required hardware and the step-by-step guide to help you out. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Attaching the cone- you need to attach the cone inserts to their ideal housing. The housing is usually found inside the housing.
- Mount the cones- you can do so with bolts, fasteners, and nuts. If the speakers are mounted on the handlebars, one will only need the tools.
- Connect the wires- rightly with negative and positive sockets.
Installing the best motorcycle fairing speakers on your bike creates a sense of fun and security. Moreover, your body remains relaxed, soul enlivened, and the spirit elevated. However, decide on the ideal fairing speaker. When doing so, make sure you consider all the above factors before settling on your choice.
Last update on 2022-06-20 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Reply