Motorcycle brake fluid should be changed frequently. The reservoir should be filled to the correct level and topped up with fresh fluid before a ride. The bleed kit has a transparent pipe that can be used to detect the new brake fluid. The process is easy and should only take a few minutes. The boiling point of motorcycle brakes is high so it is important to use a low boiling point fluid. The bleed kit should be replaced after every two years.
It is not uncommon to confuse DOT 5.1. DOT 5 contains glycol and is more prone to absorb water than DOT 5.1. Because of this, glycol-based brake fluid must be changed more frequently. It is also not recommended to mix these two fluids. This could compromise the braking performance of the motorcycle. However, it is still important to choose the right motorcycle brake oil. It can make or break a braking system.
The color of motorcycle brake fluid is another factor to consider when deciding which product to use. You should know that brake fluid absorbs moisture and changes color to whiskey. This can be very dangerous for riders, so make sure to check the bottle. In addition to checking the brake fluid, you should also check the master cylinder and the diaphragm. The master cylinder should be filled to the correct level and the diaphragm backing plate should be replaced.
Bestseller No. 1
LUCAS OIL 10827 Brake Fluid12 ounce
- High quality blend of polyethylene glycol ethers and additives
- Compatible with all brake system rubber components and other brake fluids
- Prevents seal hardening or softening
- Protects against rust and corrosion
Bestseller No. 6
Prestone AS800Y DOT 4 Synthetic Brake Fluid - 12 oz.
- Recommended for all ABS, disc and drum brake systems as well as hydraulic clutches requiring DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids
- Provides corrosion protection for all metals within the braking system
- Compatible with all conventional brake fluids
- Substantially reduces the possibility of fluid vaporization and eventual brake failure
- Excellent performance in high-temperature braking systems
Bestseller No. 7
Castrol 12509 Dot 4 Brake Fluid (12 Oz)
- Unique formula engineered to provide outstanding performance in todays high temperature braking systems
- Provides optimum braking response
- Exceeds DOT3 and DOT4 specifications
- Mixes with other conventional brake fluids
- For case order 12
SaleBestseller No. 8
Motul Rbf 660 Dot-4 Racing Brake Fluid 500 mL
- For hydraulic actuated brake and clutch systems
- Non silicone synthetic fluid
- Extreme thermal resistance and stability
- Very high boiling point (325 degree centigrade / 617 degree Fahrenheit)
- Better aerodynamic performance
SaleBestseller No. 9
Motul DOT 5.1 High Temp. Brake Fluid (3 Pack)
- Non-silicone based, long life and 100% synthetic, DOT 5.1 BRAKE FLUID conforms to the highest standards in brake fluid performance.
- DOT 5.1 is specially designed for Anti-Locking Brake Systems (ABS).
- With a high dry boiling point of 270C and a high wet boiling point of 185C, DOT 5.1 delivers the best brake performance.
- 100% synthetic, polyglycol-based. Specially designed for anti-locking brake system (ABS).
- Compatible with All types of hydraulic actuated brakes and clutch systems (not to be used with silicon and mineral-based brake fluids).
SaleBestseller No. 10
Maxima Racing USA 80-86916 DOT 4 Brake Fluid
- High performance brake and clutch fluid designed to lubricate and protect critical brake system componentry while providing reliable stopping power
- Anti-vapor lock formulation maintains responsiveness and performance by fighting both water contamination and vaporization
- Advanced chemistry resists corrosion, oxidation and is compatible with SBR, EPDM and natural rubbers
- Exceeds the requirements of US FMVSS 116 DOT 3 & DOT 4, SAE J1703, SAE J1704 and ISO 4925 (Classes 3 & 4)
- Excellent boiling points: Dry Boiling Point 469°F (243°C), Wet Boiling Point 318°F (159°C)
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API